Deputy Director and Manager - Smart Services
Share this job post with your network
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field from a recognized university and having 7 years of working experience including 3 years in leadership role? If yes, you might be the one we are looking for!
Our client is providing an advanced transport network for the people of Dubai. They have been high on the government’s agenda, which is evident from its initiatives to enhance the public transport facilities and improve roads across the emirate to make travel safer and smoother. Our client is responsible for planning and providing the requirements of transport, roads & traffic in the United Arab Emirates.
Manage the planning and implementation of smart services, e-services and channels to improve service delivery, increase people happiness, and align with smart government. Provide support and participate the director in planning, managing and overseeing the implementation of current & future department plans & projects.
Key Results Accountabilities:
- Smart Services Roadmap: Plans and monitors the implementation of the departments portfolio and provides recommendations for changes to the portfolio priorities.
- Innovation: Actively monitors, identifies, and benchmarks new and emerging smart services technologies and assesses their relevance and potential value.
- Service Agreements: Maintains a catalogue of the section’s services and ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- To perform other responsibilities, tasks as assigned by the director.
- Risk Management: Carries out risk assessment within the smart services planning and development section, uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact on the coordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
- Manage Budgets and Costs: Develops an annual budget and forecasts projection, monitor implementation, evaluate and recommend specific adjustments during the implementation for the project needs.
- Smart Services Development: Plan and manage resources for the design and development of smart services and channels. Oversees developing static and interactive prototypes for demonstration and evaluation of concepts to end-users. Implements user experience improvements and manages incorporating user experience measures into the design of smart services and channels to meet required levels of quality services.
- Human Resources: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of smart services and channels standards and practices and provides expert advice regarding their application. Supervise smart services and channels specialists, analysts and consultancy services.
- Business-IT Relationships: Manages the coordinate with customer service and marketing department to address customer needs and improve adoption of smart services. Oversee the development of business cases for strategic smart services capabilities. Contributes to Government awards submission. Represent smart services related events and forums and promote achievements and innovation in smart services.
- Smart Services Suppliers: Leads supplier selection, RFP tendering, and procurement of systems. Oversees and measures the fulfilment of suppliers’ contractual obligations during development stages. Uses key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and challenge supplier performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Smart Services Requirement Definitions: Manages smart services needs in order to establish and enhance smart services capabilities that add value and reduce cost to customers and businesses. Oversee the development of business cases for strategic smart services capabilities.
- Enterprise Architecture: Contributes to the creation, review, and improvement of enterprise architecture practices and standards with a focus on smart services channels. Manages, maintain plane and model the evolution of smart services architectures in line with technology strategy. Ensure proactive participation of the section as part of the corporate architecture review team.
- Technology Governance: Complies with technology governance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Smart Services Strategy: Contributes to technology strategy and roadmap formation by providing in- depth analysis of smart services, e-services, payments, and channels strategy elements.
- Programs and Projects: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to manage and implement smart services programs and projects.
- Knowledge Management: Manages the delivery of smart services related training material in a formal educational context to improve smart services adoption and end-user awareness.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software design, or computer engineering from a recognized university.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- Excellent project management skills to develop and direct project managers.
- Ability to initiate and direct quality improvement projects in support of strategic and operational goals.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent tasks.
- 7 years of working experience including at least 3 years in supervisory / leadership role.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Participate in local and international conferences/seminars and represent the smart government initiatives and achievements.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
- Knowledge on latest developments and trends in the area of smart government, smart services, and smart channels.
- Knowledge on latest collaboration techniques between Government Departments to develop smart services for customers.
Are you the one we are looking for ?
Are you the one we are looking for ?