Senior Specialist - Data Management
Share this job post with your network
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or engineering from a recognized university? Are you a resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues? If yes, you might be the one we are looking for!
Our client is providing an advanced transport network for the people of Dubai. They have been high on the government’s agenda, which is evident from its initiatives to enhance the public transport facilities and improve roads across the emirate to make travel safer and smoother. Our client is responsible for planning and providing the requirements of transport, roads & traffic in the United Arab Emirates.
To ensure successful completion of the assigned data management projects within set time and monetary budgets, within the right level of agreed quality. The project manager should ensure that projects.
Key Results Accountabilities:
- Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerance levels.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of data management projects and ensures transparent and prompt communication to all relevant project stakeholders.
- Manages project closure activities including sign-off and ensures that all project deliverables are completed and handed over according to contractual requirements.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex data management projects.
- Manages transitioning of service level agreements and ensures vendors adherence to service level terms during implementation.
- Manages data management project post implementation review to create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements. Share success of the project and its achievements to all stakeholders and provide lessons learnt and recommendations to improve PMO related standards and procedures.
- Ensures that data management projects are aligned with PMO and portfolio management methodologies and plans and provide appropriate reporting to the portfolio and PMO teams.
- Ensures that quality reviews occur on schedule and according to enterprise architecture and IT quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
- Collects contract performance data and monitors performance against KPIs, monitors compliance with terms and conditions and take appropriate steps to address non-compliance issues.
- Evaluates project team performance and vendor performance and develops reports to concerned department and PMO.
- Foresees potential risks associated with project scope time and cost, ensure risk response and mitigation plan are in place, executed and reported.
- Supervises junior project managers within section and the department.
- Identifies where change is required, plans for variations and ensures that change management protocols are implemented.
- Prepares and publishes request for proposals (RFP) based on the business case, project requirements, and standard service level agreements in collaboration with enterprise architects, business analysts, and procurement department.
- Ensures that management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources, and that available resources are properly utilized and accounted for.
- Ensures the competent data management vendors are selected in a transparent and a fair manner through official vendor evaluation process.
- Develops and documents project plans, work break down structures, stakeholder analysis, risks and issues logs, communication plans and other documents as per PMO methodology.
- Coordinates and manages planning of the acceptance testing, training, and transitioning to IT operations and support.
- Monitors and controls schedules and costs against projects plans.
- Manages the documentation of user guides and support and maintenance procedures to improve adoption and continuous support and maintenance operations.
- Facilitates projects scoping and business priority setting and obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a baseline to commence data management projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer Science, or computer engineering from a recognized university.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- 8 years of experience in a large and active service organization, out of which at least 4 years in a relevant project management position.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging technologies, software packages, project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent knowledge in data management and project management, implementation, practices and theories.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Excellent project management skills to develop and direct ability to initiate and direct technical projects.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
Are you the one we are looking for ?
Are you the one we are looking for ?