Chief Specialist - IT Solutions
Share this job post with your network
Do you have a master’s degree in information technology, computer science or engineering from a recognized university and 10 years of working experience in related field? If yes, you might be the one we are looking for!
Our client is providing an advanced transport network for the people of Dubai. They have been high on the government’s agenda, which is evident from its initiatives to enhance the public transport facilities and improve roads across the emirate to make travel safer and smoother. Our client is responsible for planning and providing the requirements of transport, roads & traffic in the United Arab Emirates.
Develop solutions development plans, policies and procedures, and supports section manager with establishing exceptional development of solutions capabilities to effectively manage business needs.
Key Results Accountabilities:
- Supports the section manager in managing the standardization of automation tools and the reusability of existing technology applications.
- Provides significant contribution to suppliers’ selection, RFP tendering, and procurement of systems.
- Supports the section manager in activities to manage and implement business process automation and enterprise data integration programs and projects.
- To perform other responsibilities, tasks as assigned by the director.
- Leads strategic and large-scale solution development projects.
- Supports the section manager in managing risk assessment within the solution development section, uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact and recommends contingency plans.
- Oversees and reports the fulfilment of solution development suppliers’ contractual obligations during development stages.
- Supports the section manager in management activities related to business process automation and enterprise data integration requirements in order to establish, modify or maintain systems that support technology strategy and needs.
- Supports section manager in complying with technology governance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Supports the section manager in providing inputs and recommendations into the development of business cases for strategic business process automation and enterprise data integration capabilities.
- Supports the section manager in planning and monitoring the implementation of the sections technology project portfolio and provides recommendations for changes to the portfolio priorities.
- Supports the section manager in forecasting the resources needed for the design and development of business process automation and enterprise data integration systems.
- Maintains a catalogue of the section’s services and ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels.
- Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Assess and reports utilization of technology application assets by evaluating the utilization of application license utilization and the adoption of applications by end-users.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, or computer engineering from a recognized university.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- Excellent project management skills to develop and direct project managers.
- Ability to initiate and direct technology projects in support of strategic and operational goals.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- 10 years of working experience.
- Excellent knowledge of IT system development and project management practices and standards
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
Are you the one we are looking for ?
Are you the one we are looking for ?